This Privacy Notice sets out how we (Endemol Shine UK Limited, the other companies within the Endemol Shine UK Group http://www.endemolshineuk.com/labels/ and Endemol Shine International Limited (“ESI”) ) will use your personal information when you send us your CV or apply for work with any of our companies. We are responsible for deciding how we hold and use this personal information about you. This Privacy Notice sets out how and why your personal information will be used in your application for work with us and how long it will usually be retained for.
What personal information we hold about you
In connection with your application for work with us we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
• The information you have included in your CV and any covering letter.
• The information you have provided on any application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, age, gender, employment history & qualifications
• Any information you provide to us during an interview.
• Any information we obtain from third party recruitment platforms
• Any information we obtain from checking your social-media profiles
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
• Information about any disability you may have, your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs and sexual orientation for equal opportunity monitoring.
• Information about any disability you may have in order to make our recruitment process more accessible to you
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
• You, the candidate.
• Recruitment agencies from which we collect information about your work history, your availability, your current salary, your salary expectations and your career aspirations.
• Your named referees, from whom we collect information about the dates, nature and relevant other detail of your work history
• Your publicly accessible social media profiles (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram and Snapchat)
• Recruitment platforms such as Talentbases, Talent Manager and LinkedIn from which we may collect your CV and information about your availability and career aspirations. Please note any information you provide to those platforms is subject to their Privacy Notices which we would encourage you to read and make yourselves aware of.
How we will use personal information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
• Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for available work.
• Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
• Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
• Keep records related to our hiring processes.
• Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
If we do interview you and after interview decide to offer you work, we may then take up references and/or carry out any required check following confirmation of your appointment.
We will use your special category / sensitive personal information in the following ways:
• information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during interview
• information about any disability you may have, your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting
• We do not envisage that we will usually process information about your criminal convictions as part of the recruitment process unless we are required to carry out those checks for a particular role by law or as required by a broadcaster or if the role requires a high degree of trust and integrity. We will inform you in advance at the time if we need to carry out any criminal record or other required checks and the legal basis for those checks.
The legal basis for using your information
Our legal basis for collecting and using personal information about you is that it is necessary to decide whether to enter into a contract of engagement for your services, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and to pursue our legitimate business interests in seeking suitable candidates for available work.
We also rely on your consent in order to collect and use information about any disability you may have (used to make our recruitment process more accessible to you and for equal opportunity monitoring) or information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs and sexual orientation (used for equal opportunity monitoring). Please note you have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of that personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with broadcasters and other commissioners of the content and programmes we produce, such as the BBC, Channel 4, ITV, Channel 5 and Sky, our insurers, our professional advisers and other companies within the Endemol Shine Group.
Due to the global nature of our operations we may disclose your personal information to personnel and departments throughout the Endemol Shine Group and to international broadcasters, so this may include transferring your personal data information to other countries including the United States. We have adopted appropriate safeguard to protect your personal information regardless of where it is transferred.
If you have sent a CV to a particular company within our UK group or to ESI this may be shared within the whole of our UK group of companies (see a list of our UK companies here http://www.endemolshineuk.com/labels/) and/or with ESI.
How long will you use my information for?
We may retain your CV for a period of two (2) years from the end of the year in which we received it. Please make sure your CV is up to date by sending us a new version when you update it.
Other information that we collect as part of a recruitment process will be held until the end of that recruitment process and if you are engaged by us will then be held in accordance with our Employee Privacy Notice.
Information collected for equal opportunity monitoring may be retained after the end of the recruitment process but will retained anonymously for statistical purposes only.
We may occasionally need to keep some of your other personal information for longer than the stated retention period to comply with other legal requirements.
Your privacy rights
You have certain rights in respect of your personal information which include
● having incomplete or inaccurate personal information rectified
● accessing and reviewing a copy of that personal information
● asking for deletion of that personal information (in certain circumstances)
● objecting to the use of that personal information (in certain circumstances where it is based on our legitimate interests)
● to be provided with a copy of that personal information (in certain circumstances) for transfer to another party and
● the right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection supervisory authority. For more information visit www.ico.org.uk.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please email email@example.com
Privacy Notice updates and how to contact us
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 22 May 2018. We may change or update this Privacy Notice for any reason and where required to do so will inform you of those changes or updates.
You can contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the registered office for Endemol Shine UK Limited and ESI at Shepherds Building Central, Charecroft Way, Shepherds Bush, London, W14 0EE, UK. Please address your letter to the Head of HR.